Children's centres aim to give all children the best possible start in life and enable parents to support their child and family. They act as a central point where families can access information and a range of services.
What you can expect to find at a children's centre
- Parenting support including parenting courses
- Drop-in sessions for parents/carers
- Activity sessions for you and your child
- Access to health services
- Access to education, training and employment
- Information and support to specialist services for children and families
- Information on childcare and childminders training courses
Some children's centres also offer integrated registered childcare in the form of a nursery, playgroup of out of school care.