Vision and Values
Our vision statement – Let your light shine – Matthew 5:16
Our mission statement:
We believe all children can shine at Stickland’s and we strive for every member of our school family to succeed and flourish with us. Our caring Christian Community will encourage pupils to become responsible for themselves and for others, to be independent and self-motivated and to achieve their full potential. We strive for every pupil to feel valued, knowing that their contribution to school life is unique.
As a Church of England School our ethos is underpinned by Christian values and principles and embraces the Church of England vision for young people, a vision of ‘human flourishing for all’ through the four basic elements of wisdom, hope, community and dignity
EDUCATING FOR WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Provide a relevant curriculum with a wide range of learning experiences to meet the differing needs of individual pupils whilst offering equality of opportunity.
- Deliver teaching of the highest quality, that motivates, stimulates, builds confidence and challenges all pupils, taking into account pupils individual needs.
- Cherish imagination, creativity and daring exploration.
EDUCATING FOR HOPE AND ASPIRATION
- Share a passion for learning and a love of life; in the hope that it inspires others.
- Guide pupils in overcoming barriers and setbacks and develop resilience.
EDUCATING FOR COMMUNITY AND LIVING WELL TOGETHER
- Provide a safe and happy environment in which all pupils have the opportunity to develop spiritually, physically, intellectually, emotionally, morally and socially.
- Be a school community in which governors, staff, pupils and parents relate well, put each other first and live well together.
EDUCATING FOR DIGNITY AND RESPECT
- Develop in pupils a deep respect for self and for others, and the worth of every individual.
- Promote the spiritual, physical, mental and emotional health of the child.
Our core values
Compassion, perseverance, truthfulness, friendship, respect and love