(Stickland's school fundraisers - Swimming pool fund)
Which took place on Friday 21st June 2019
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED - (68)
2nd PRIZE £30 NO. 10 Sophie Stovin
Our outdoor, salt water pool is a huge asset to the school and the children. The children benefit directly from having the opportunity to have regular swimming. The benefits are many:
* Increased water confidence
* Learning an essential life skill
* Improving health and fitness
* Increasing strength and coordination
* Salt water systems use less chemicals, which are gentler on eyes and skin
* Shallow pool designed especially for children means it’s safe for little ones
Pool Opening times
Fridays and Saturdays 3pm – 4:30pm
Being able to offer swimming to the children on-site means that the school doesn’t have to organise outside swimming lessons for KS2 children, reducing the school’s overall cost.
Our swimming pool was shut down 5 years ago because the school does not have the funds to keep it running. A group of people from the greater community led by Shelley Emm (whose father helped build the pool in the 1980’s) led a fundraising initiative to save the pool – and so THE SPLASH LOTTERY was born.
For a small membership fee (£3 monthly/£9 quarterly/£36 annually), you can ensure that the pool stays open for the entire time your children are at the school, and for generations to come.
See above for the splash lottery - You have a chance to win every month:
- £65 for 1st prize
- £30 for 2nd prize
- £10 for 3rd prize
so if you win once, it could pay your annual membership! If grandparents, uncles /aunts etc become members too, they can give a valuable gift to your children.
Membership also means a reduced swim rate of £1.50 per child or adult – a bargain!
How to become a member - It's so easy!
1. Fill in a membership form (see above)
2. Email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the school office the next time you are in.
Please note that you must set up the standing order with your bank (it’s very easy to do using your online banking, but if you don’t have access to online banking, there is also a standing order mandate attached to the membership form).